Recommend interesting place and the special you would like to share to others
admin
Administrator
Administrator
Thailand

Top 10 game for family vacation

ข้อมูลby admin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:41 am

Top 10 Creative Travel Activities

Keep everyone happy on your next family vacation!
Whether you travel by car, plane, or any other form of transportation, long trips can be hard on kids which means they can also be hard on the adults who try to keep the kids occupied! Here are my top picks for great ways to keep everyone occupied on long trips, everything from simple, printable travel games the entire family can play to complete travel kits.

1. Simple Paper Games
      There are several games you can play with little more than a paper and pencil. There are old favorites such as tic-tac-toe, hangman, and connect-the-dots. There are also other simple games such as battleship, the license plate game, and others. Here are some printable templates along with directions....
          * Connect-the-Dots
          * Hangman
          * Tic-Tac-Toe
          * Battleship
          * Car Search Game
          * United States License Plate Game
          * Travel Scavenger Hunt Game

2. Simple Paper Crafts
      There are plenty of creative projects you can make using mainly paper and something to write or color with. Of course, if you really want to get fancy, grab a pair of scissors and some tape or glue. Try these....
          * Doodle Art
          * Stained Glass Window Picture
          * Make a Coloring Book
          * Home-Made Paper Dolls
          * More Printable Crafts

3. Creative Carriers
      Make wonderful treasure holders! You can make them before you leave home or make them along the way. Make a carrier for your pencils and other small items, make a money holder to stash your loot, or make a container to holder treasures you collect along the way.
          * Money Holder
          * Pencil Carrier Craft
          * Jumbo Treasure Sack
          * Keepsake Suitcase

4. Portable Arts and Crafts Room
      Create your own handy arts and crafts kit that you can take with you anywhere and have your supplies ready to go at a moments notice! Try using the ideas I provide or think of some yourself. Check out some pictures of a craft kit I made, a list of the supplies in my kit and their cost, and more ideas.
          * My Craft Kit

5. Personalized Travel Box
      Help beat boredom in the car! Create a unique, personal travel box for hours of entertainment. TaniaHop shares these wonderful suggestions to help you create a special travel box, guaranteed to please!
          * Personalized Travel Box

6. Deluxe Activity Travel Tray
      This is a great boredom buster! You can make this activity tray in 5 to 10 minutes using a cookie sheet and some contact paper. Draw on it with chalk or dry erase markers. You can use it to play games such as tic-tac-toe, hangman, and other travel games. The tray can also be used as a surface to play cards and other games, and it is a great surface to play with magnetic alphabet letters, magnetic poetry, and other magnets.
          * Deluxe Activity Travel Tray

7. Become an Author
      A simple way to pass time on a long trip is to write your own books. Start out with a small, blank notebook or blank papers stapled together. You can start your own novel from scratch or make a travel diary about your experiences on your trip - include postcards from places to stop along the way. You can make an art book featuring your own drawings - why not draw pictures of the sites you see, the places you stay, and the people you are traveling with! For a fun twist, why not make your own comic book or flip book.
          * Invent a Book
          * Fun Flip Book
          * Make Your Own Cartoon

8. Have a Puppet Show
      Kids can make their own puppets and then put on a show in the car or anywhere! Use the puppets to tell stories, jokes or make up adventures. Parents and siblings can use puppets to amuse younger kids too. There are many simple puppets you can make with minimal supplies and mess. Try these....
          * Simple Paper Bag Puppet
          * Film Container Finger Puppets
          * More Puppets

9. String Them Along
      Yarn is a great, versatile item to bring along on long trips. Older kids and adults can learn how to knit or crochet! By the time you reach your destination, you may have a new scarf, blanket, poncho, or other item. For those who are too young to knit or crochet, or have no desire, you can make fancy lacing cards. These can be done over and over or made into a nice picture to give as a gift. Finally, with some yarn and pony beads, even the youngest kids can make fun jewelry and beaded items.
          * Knitting/Crocheting
          * Lacing Table Toy
          * Sewing Cards
          * Greeting Card Lacing Toy
          * Beaded Projects

10. Creative Competitions
      You can challenge everyone to a creative competition, see who can create the most original craft using the simplest of items. Something as simple as a bag of chenille stems can inspire such creations as fancy jewelry, royal crowns, zany zoo animals, and much more; better yet, with these chenille stems, nothing else is needed! You can also present the participants with a sheet of aluminum foil and see what is created. For older kids, you can add more to it and see what they can make using simple household items...
          * Recycled Critters

source by : http://familycrafts.about.com/od/craftprojectsbytype/a/travelacts.htm
Last edited by admin on Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

shivam

Re: Top 10 game for family vacation

ข้อมูลby shivam » Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey awesome list, mate!!!
i will play all game hopefully in my vacation!!
thanks for sharing...

johngoldsmith

ข้อมูลby johngoldsmith » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm

During my last trip to Malaysia, I have prepared a Money Holder & Pencil Carrier Craft to teach my child. Also spent some time in writing unique experience about my journey.

Thanks for reminding rest of the thing. I will try and let you know...
My Dearest Destinations are now achievable through - Car Hire New Zealand

jamescruz

ข้อมูลby jamescruz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Yeah! Great list of games for holiday travels.

djames

ข้อมูลby djames » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am

Nice suggestions.
But the persons who are economist and business man like me will definitely prefer Chess at vacations on tours :)
Will you agree with me my team ???
Last edited by admin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotellasuite

ข้อมูลby hotellasuite » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:07 pm

Its really wonder full Collection of game for family vacation! I understand fun of gaming while family vacation. I like String Them with family vacation.

emmaballet20

ข้อมูลby emmaballet20 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:58 pm

wow! It is good collection of interesting game. Thanks

AndyKane

ข้อมูลby AndyKane » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Sports and games are one excellent source of entertainment which can be helpful for making a family vacation more enjoyable and entertaining. Lots of games or activities which you can do for enjoyment while on vacation travel with family.

Shajochki

ข้อมูลby Shajochki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:16 am

A great exchange of information.

Return to “Recommend interesting place”