Re: Backwaters

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
RichiJojo

Backwaters

ข้อมูลby RichiJojo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:43 pm

The coastal regions of Kerala have a network of waterways, inlets, estuaries, lakes and natural canals connecting coastal towns. This interlinked body of waterways is known as the [i]

Code: Select all

http://www.abeachsymphony.com/
over 900 km of which is navigable. Traveling in traditional houseboats along these backwaters to enjoy the scenic landscape is a wonderful experience and extremely popular among foreign visitors. The leisurely cruise along the famous backwaters of Kerala gives one a first hand experience of the village life style in the state and its rustic activities like coir-making and prawn farming. You cannot miss the breathtaking view of the water, land, birds and human habitation on the water side, coexisting peacefully. The hub of backwater tourism in Kerala, Alleppey or Alappuzha means land between the seas where a network of rivers flows into it. If you are in Alleppey, perhaps your main reason to be there is to cruise through the backwaters in Kerala. Backwater by definition means “a part of a river not reached by the current, where the water is stagnant”, and Kerala showcases a great deal of its picturesque backwaters in Alleppey. The houseboat rides along these backwaters can prove exhilarating to the tourists as they take you through Kottayam, Alleppey, Quilon, Kumarakom and Kuttanad area.

Kumarakom is situated 13 Kms away from Kottayam is a sleepy little village on Vembanad Lake in Kerala. It offers wide variety of flora, exotic sightseeing, boating and fishing experience. The bird sanctuary spread across 14 acres is safe home for many migratory birds like Siberian stork, wild duck etc. They live with other birds in flocks such as darters, herons; egret, waterfowls and cuckoos are fascinating sight for the visitors. The beautiful paradise stocked with mangrove forests, emerald green paddy fields and coconut trees comprises with water ways and canals adorned with white lilies enchants the tourist from world over. The land is famous for it’s painstakingly hand craft each exquisite piece still made in a traditional way. Vembanad Lake is home to several types of marine life exclusively the Chemeen (Prawns), the Konju (Tiger Prawns) and Karimeen. 
Last edited by admin on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

chithanh119

ข้อมูลby chithanh119 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks for your informative post.

thailandprof

ข้อมูลby thailandprof » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:35 am

;D
thanks, good to know

GFI

ข้อมูลby GFI » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:28 am

Definitely, Kerala is one of the most attractive destinations in the world which is identified for its attractive beaches and extensive backwaters.
Moreover, Varkala, Kovalam Alappuzha, Bekal, Fort Kochi, Payambalam and Valikunnu are top attractions. So if anyone visits there never miss these places.

kabirssd

ข้อมูลby kabirssd » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just incredible how much you can take away from something simply because of how visually beautiful it is. Youve put together a great blog space --great graphics, videos, layout. This is definitely a must-see blog!
Last edited by admin on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amandak695

ข้อมูลby amandak695 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:48 am

RichiJojo wrote:The coastal regions of Kerala have a network of waterways, inlets, estuaries, lakes and natural canals connecting coastal towns. This interlinked body of waterways is known as the [i]

Code: Select all

http://www.abeachsymphony.com/
over 900 km of which is navigable. Traveling in traditional houseboats along these backwaters to enjoy the scenic landscape is a wonderful experience and extremely popular among foreign visitors. The leisurely cruise along the famous backwaters of Kerala gives one a first hand experience of the village life style in the state and its rustic activities like coir-making and prawn farming. You cannot miss the breathtaking view of the water, land, birds and human habitation on the water side, coexisting peacefully. The hub of backwater tourism in Kerala, Alleppey or Alappuzha means land between the seas where a network of rivers flows into it. If you are in Alleppey, perhaps your main reason to be there is to cruise through the backwaters in Kerala. Backwater by definition means “a part of a river not reached by the current, where the water is stagnant”, and Kerala showcases a great deal of its picturesque backwaters in Alleppey. The houseboat rides along these backwaters can prove exhilarating to the tourists as they take you through Kottayam, Alleppey, Quilon, Kumarakom and Kuttanad area.

Kumarakom is situated 13 Kms away from Kottayam is a sleepy little village on Vembanad Lake in Kerala. It offers wide variety of flora, exotic sightseeing, boating and fishing experience. The bird sanctuary spread across 14 acres is safe home for many migratory birds like Siberian stork, wild duck etc. They live with other birds in flocks such as darters, herons; egret, waterfowls and cuckoos are fascinating sight for the visitors. The beautiful paradise stocked with mangrove forests, emerald green paddy fields and coconut trees comprises with water ways and canals adorned with white lilies enchants the tourist from world over. The land is famous for it’s painstakingly hand craft each exquisite piece still made in a traditional way. Vembanad Lake is home to several types of marine life exclusively the Chemeen (Prawns), the Konju (Tiger Prawns) and Karimeen. 

Thanks you for the post.
Rule

kamalislam18

ข้อมูลby kamalislam18 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

After buying another copy of the stolen book I continued by train to Kollam, the southern end of the Kerala’s backwaters. I was lucky to come across a very good restaurant, having some basic rooms upstairs, so I didn’t have to walk long to fill up. The following day I joint a canoe trip around backwaters, which was a pleasant 3 hour cruise though narrow canals on an engine-free boat. Occasionally we hopped off to have a cup of tea or to take a look on rope production from coconut fibre. We tried also local toddy, arrack-like alcohol, spotted cashew nuts hanging on trees, overall very relaxing excursion. Kollam itself is nothing but an ordinary city, so there was no point in staying there any longer. However, I had to stay for another night as I planned to experience backwaters a bit further.

palaskhan84

ข้อมูลby palaskhan84 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:26 pm

Kerala is gifted with lovely beaches, hill stations, stunning backwaters, mindblowing greenery, wildlife, bird sanctuaries and rich culture. Kerala
Backwaters are the most popular tourist attraction in India. From elephants to colourful butterflies, Kerala is overflowing with the wonders of nature. Throughout the world, Kerala beaches are renowned for their breathtaking beauty.

lee20

ข้อมูลby lee20 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:52 am

Thanks a lot for sharing this information.

This helps me to learn more about Kerala.

Keep it up!
Not active

taylor45

ข้อมูลby taylor45 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Kerala has several backwaters destinations and all off them are uniquely blessed by nature having their own appealing splendor quite beyond the reach of the magnificent words like marvelous, magnificent, and charming or more of all spell binding. It will be truly injustice to describe the heavenly blessed backwaters of Kerala with simple adjectives, which can never craft the real beauty of this astonishment and wonders of Kerala, the backwaters.
Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

nilarmstrong

ข้อมูลby nilarmstrong » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm

The following day I joint a canoe trip around backwaters, which was a pleasant 3 hour cruise though narrow canals on an engine-free boat. Occasionally we hopped off to have a cup of tea or to take a look on rope production from coconut fibre. We tried also local toddy, arrack-like alcohol, spotted cashew nuts hanging on trees, overall very relaxing excursion. Kollam itself is nothing but an ordinary city, so there was no point in staying there any longer. However, I had to stay for another night as I planned to experience backwaters a bit further.
Rule

johngoldsmith

ข้อมูลby johngoldsmith » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Kerala is a state on the steamy Malabar Coast of southwestern India. People given its Nicknamed as one of the "10 paradises of the world" by the National Geographic traveler, Kerala is renowned especially for its ecotourism initiatives

As per mass visits and commonly visited attractions in Kerala includes: the beaches at Kovalam, Cherai and Varkala, the hill stations of Munnar, Nelliampathi, and Ponmudi, and national parks and wildlife sanctuaries.
My Dearest Destinations are now achievable through - Car Hire New Zealand

Return to “General Discussion”