To share information of your experience and how is satisfy
Thailand Tourism Tourist Board
Thailand
Administrator
Administrator

Off Road Trip

ข้อมูลby Thailand » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Friend,

Any one have experience about  Off Road Trip would like to share.

So welcome. How you think about it ? It' not only for advenger.

This 2009 we offer you to learn their trip.
Come on guy share your Off Road trip.

For more info visit our home page.  ;)

lehoa

Re: Off Road Trip

ข้อมูลby lehoa » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:25 pm

I had to make a quick walk across the boarder for another 15 days. Just picked up a Honda XR and decided to take it out for a few days and see how it rides. Yes, just had the stitches out the day before leaving and was ready to go.

I mapped out a route to take me over Mae Kuang Reservoir and offroad to Chiang Mai which took the first day about 10 hours.

The 2nd day I shot up to Mae Sai and went across the boarder and back and was on the road by 12. The idea was offorad up to the North West corner up to Nam Mae Kham. I soon found out the road up to there is pretty much all newly paved and not a bad ride. Just at the top I broke off for a bit of double track and a nice single track that went around the corner. I planned on a few more trails that I had seen on the way up but decided to pass those up as it was getting late.

The idea was to head to Mae Sarong and south through trails to Fang, then up to Ob Khan and along the boarder then south trails to Pie. However being late in the day I decided to go right to Fang following the hard top through Mae Sarong.

The last day I go on the dirt by 730 in the morning and didn't get off until about 5 in the afternoon. Double track mostly not far from Fang heading north back up close to Mae Sarong then south east and ending in Chiang Rai. Though mid way it became a rough single track, steep, wet and muddy, and one point had that "green moss" which was like "ice"..... I took a spill there and sprained my wrist. Taking it easy I was happy to be on the hard top again and then shot home from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai on the highway.
Last edited by admin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rule

khaladds

ข้อมูลby khaladds » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Want to know where Road Trip will be this weekend? Visit this site on your smart phone and you'll get instant access to a mobile device friendly schedule. You can also view the rest of the site as it appears in a conventional browser.
Last edited by admin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GFI

ข้อมูลby GFI » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Well, I visited there couple of times but I didn’t get this activity because I had less time when I was there, but I promise to myself that whenever go there in the future so never miss off-road tour.

johngoldsmith

ข้อมูลby johngoldsmith » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I have never ever experience the road trip but surely like to have the off road trip soon. Thank you for sharing your views.
My Dearest Destinations are now achievable through - Car Hire New Zealand

Jenie

ข้อมูลby Jenie » Tue May 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Its been a long time back when I had a road trip. Though small, had enjoyed a lot.
I had a great journey with Cheap Car Rental in Toronto!

Return to “Experience and Feedback”