canterbury Tales Bookshop

Recommend interesting place and the special you would like to share to others
Danny.martins

canterbury Tales Bookshop

ข้อมูลby Danny.martins » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:38 am

On my travels around Thailand I searched for a Budget guesthouse and found canterburytalescafe.com
The interesting thing about this place is the extensive bookshop with books in all languages and all subjects, mostly used books and a great idea for exchanging, you buy a book or books and when you have read them you take them back and get 50% of the purchase price  against the next books you want.

The English guy who owns it is really helpful and cant do enough for me, he recomended a few great Fiction novels and some really interesting Thai stories, they have about 10,000 fiction books alone as well as everything else, they do good food, comfortable clean rooms, and I am going to stay there again in future.

Cheers Danny

somza

Re: canterbury Tales Bookshop

ข้อมูลby somza » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:06 pm

That's interesting. We have many of bookstores like that in Chiang Mai, but I find none that offer a place to stay. It would be nice, especially for book-lovers, to stay at a nice place where you could grab a book you like to read within an inch reach :)
User not active
share your Thailand experience in Thailand Forum ^v^

Danny.martins

ข้อมูลby Danny.martins » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 pm

I am back again for my 2nd stay at canterburytalescafe.com a nice easy informative website and I booked through the website.
The owner Dave was telling me that all the scare mongerers were advising people to stay away from Thailand and Pattaya because of the Polatics but nothing was affected here apart from around the Royal cliffe hotel in Jomtien area only a very small area, but people who know Pattaya well will know its all hype and rubbish.

I am having a day in today as had a heavy day with the Songkran festival yesterday and will have a few beers tonight.

I am playing Golf on Thursday with Dave and he told me that the Golf here is supherb and prices so very reasonable, he told me it will cost 600 baht for the green fee and caddy and 250 baht my share of the cart and 200 baht caddie tip at the end. all in about 20 quid, and the club house is very well equipped he told me, good showers/lockers etc, I am looking forward to that.

I am also going snorkling with a guy Dave knows, he seems to know everyone, we are going to one of the islands nearby and the guy was telling me he had swam with whale sharks there, wow.

So I will keep all informed with my progress whie here in Pattaya.
Bye for now Danny
Last edited by admin on Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danny.martins

ข้อมูลby Danny.martins » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Back again, cannot get enough of Pattaya, the bookshop is better than ever and although a bit of rain about, still Heaven on earth

klapcaslaka

ข้อมูลby klapcaslaka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 pm

WHy do YOu mAKE peOplE RegIsTEr to Your STUPID FORUM WEBSITE jUsT tO dOwnLOad files???

That is just STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPIIDD!!!

Return to “Recommend interesting place”