Can anyone give me useful travel tips?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
wingmark

Can anyone give me useful travel tips?

ข้อมูลby wingmark » Tue May 24, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi,

I am going to Vancouver in a couple of weeks, for a few days. Having never traveling outside the US as a civilian, are there any travel tips that will make my trip smoother? Like things to bring, or keep in mind about the culture? Any useful info would be appreciated!

Regards

shivam

Re: Can anyone give me useful travel tips?

ข้อมูลby shivam » Fri May 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Vancouver is beautiful for having trip. In Vancouver,you can visit places like Stanley Park , Sea to Sky Highway ,Wreck Beach ,Museum of Anthropology,Granville Island,Vancouver Aquarium,Lynn Canyon Park, Grouse Mountain,Vancouver Downtown,English Bay. Besides,you can bring things from Yaletown which is popular for fashion boutiques  and also you can purchase grocery and herbal medicine markets in Chinatown.

GFI

ข้อมูลby GFI » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I’d like to add some tips for travelling with kids:
• Be careful in busy places like airports Disney homes etc
• Keep medicines and poisons away from small children and watch that children don't eat any plants
• Remind children about road safety rules, hold the hand of children whenever you cross the roads
• When you leaving your home for holidays remind children about family protection
• Wearing the colorful dressing to make their visibility and remember what they are wearing
I hope it will help for those peoples who travelling with kids.

Calen45

ข้อมูลby Calen45 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Some basic and important tips for traveling are

1) Leave copies of itinerary and passport data page
2) Check your overseas medical insurance coverage
3) Familiarize yourself with local conditions and laws:
4) Take precautions to avoid being a target of crime

johngoldsmith

ข้อมูลby johngoldsmith » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:20 pm

Vancouver is really one of the world's most stunning cities and one of the healthiest places to stay or live. It is a stylish, vibrant, fun loving, outdoor living city.

Don't miss Vancouver's Convention Centre, so green -- It has six acres of grass growing on the roof. Rest of the things you will feel on your own.
My Dearest Destinations are now achievable through - Car Hire New Zealand

Suka

ข้อมูลby Suka » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:04 am

Some tips for you!

Check the latest travel advice for your destination and subscribe to receive free e-mail notification each time the travel advice for your destination is updated.
Take out appropriate travel insurance to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to participate.
Before travelling overseas register your travel and contact details online or at the local  embassy, high commission or consulate once you arrive, so we can contact you in an emergency.
Obey the law. Consular assistance cannot override local laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by local standards.
Check to see if you require visas for the country or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry.
Make copies of your passport details, insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a separate place to the originals and leave a copy with someone at home.
Check with health professionals for information on recommended vaccinations or other precautions and find out about overseas laws on travelling with medicines.
Ensure your passport has at least six months’ validity from your planned date of return to your country.  Some countries will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.  Before travelling, you should contact the Embassy or High Commission of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with someone at home and keep in regular contact with friends and relatives while overseas.
Before departing, check whether you are regarded as a national of the country you intend to visit. Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.

ankhanh

ข้อมูลby ankhanh » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Do not forget to check weather forecast before you go to a new destination.

MartinMatto

ข้อมูลby MartinMatto » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:40 am

here's the most important travel tips yo follow:-

1. Always take out Travel Insurance
2. Leave copies of your important documents
3. Familiarize yourself with any local laws
4. Never leave your luggage unattended in public areas
5. Put identifying markings on the suitcases
6. Don't use your home address on you luggage tags
7. Make sure you have a signed, valid passport
8. Avoid traveling alone

Return to “General Discussion”