Top Travel Blogger Says Ignore the Media, Go Visit Thailand

To share information of your experience and how is satisfy
Thailand Tourism Tourist Board
travisn

Top Travel Blogger Says Ignore the Media, Go Visit Thailand

ข้อมูลby travisn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:21 am

One of the top 10 travel bloggers on the Web, Robert Schrader, recently wrote a blog about Thailand called, “Why the Thai Coup Terrifies Me.” However, it is not the coup that has him scared, he writes, but rather “the continuation of the media frenzy surrounding it.” - See blog at: http://leaveyourdailyhell.com/2014/06/0 ... sLhJO.dpuf
He notes that, “Thai people are some of the kindest, calmest, most rational people I have ever met.” … “And yet the entire media … have tried to the cast whole ordeal as transformative not only to the political zeitgeist in Thailand, but to the very character of the Thai people, as if the few, freak gunshots and bombs going off the past several months (I would wager, although I’m not sure, there are more in the United States in a single day) have altered the average Thai person such that it is no longer safe to travel to Thailand.”
His fear is that, “the image foreigners have of Thailand and the Thai people will become increasingly based on falsehoods and perhaps, eventually, lead to a general fear of the Kingdom, visiting and doing business there.”
He concludes by advising, “The only way to beat the media at their game is to go for yourself and to do your own reporting. If you’re curious as to whether Thailand is safe and are thinking of your own trip there, I offer you the same advice: Go to Thailand, see it for yourself and tell me how scared you are when you come back.”
Judging by the comments this blog has received, many readers are in agreement with Robert:
“AMAZING. You took the words right out of my mouth. We lived in Khlong Sok for a few months where we were the only white people and had the chance to really get to know what Thai people are all about. Your description is right on the ball.”
“These travel warnings in place make no sense. They should refer to the safety situation. Instead I think they are put in place to put pressure on Thailand, which would be a political decision unrelated to the safety situation.”
“I'm glad you posted this because now I feel like I might go to Thailand after all.”
Robert’s voice is one of many Westerners who know and love Thailand, and are concerned by the international media’s representation of the situation. Those living here, and travelers who have visited Thailand recently, are virtually unanimous in their call for tourists to keep coming, despite what they may read.

pentagreen

Re: Top Travel Blogger Says Ignore the Media, Go Visit Thail

ข้อมูลby pentagreen » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Who cares about the media, Thailand is one of the best place to plan a tour.

srivas33

ข้อมูลby srivas33 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 am

Yes I agree with this blog. Thailand is such an amazing place to visit.

kanim791

ข้อมูลby kanim791 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

Thanks for your kind information :(

Biswajit12

ข้อมูลby Biswajit12 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:40 am

Thailand toughened speedy economic process between 1985 and 1996, turning into a recently industrial country and a significant businessperson. producing, agriculture, and touristry square measure leading sectors of the economy.Among the 10 association countries, Asian nation ranks second in quality of life[18] and therefore the country's HDI had been rated as 'high'. Its giant population and growing economic influence have created it a middle power within the region and round the world

parveenmtmt

ข้อมูลby parveenmtmt » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:09 am

Yes , I do agree with you . Thailand is really a Fantastic tourist place.

Benjamin987

ข้อมูลby Benjamin987 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Thailand is simply the finest place to be visited according to me, a lot of attractions and at the same time good at tourism. Do not listen to the people who just criticize things but try to motivate you with learning things and at the same time growing at a certain level no matter what that actually is.

hamzarghioui

ข้อมูลby hamzarghioui » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Thailand is the most beautiful tourist country, so I do not agree with you on that.
The best hotel and restaurant in Ouarzazate - Morocco : Hotel Restaurant Tinghir

Hayley

ข้อมูลby Hayley » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 am

However going without fitting arranging and arrangement could transform into one exceptional bad dream and accordingly research and arranging are a vital part of voyaging.

Hayley

ข้อมูลby Hayley » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:53 am

Purchase tickets on the Internet in advance and print them at home when you have a specific destination, like a theme park, in mind.

erica.brooks

ข้อมูลby erica.brooks » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Thailand is undoubtedly the most beautiful place in world, I have seen it in pictures only till now. Was afraid of planning a trip there, but now that I have read your post I think I should start planning for my trip. Any tips for making it memorable?
Making a list of places to visit in Phuket

sindyciaray
United States of America

Re: Top Travel Blogger Says Ignore the Media, Go Visit Thailand

ข้อมูลby sindyciaray » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm glad you posted this because now I feel like I might go to Thailand after all.

Return to “Experience and Feedback”