Stealing by staff at Baan Sukothai Hotel & Spa, Phuket

Review Hotels in Thailand bangkok
thesingla

Stealing by staff at Baan Sukothai Hotel & Spa, Phuket

ข้อมูลby thesingla » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:54 am

I would like to warn travelers by drawing their attention to rampant stealing of money and valuables by hotel staff of Baan Sukothai Hotel & Spa at Patong beach in Phuket.

My money and phone was stolen from the safe in the room when we were away. The hotel supervisors were most unhelpful and absolutely no attempt was made to investigate the matter. The tourist police later informed me that this is at least the 6th incident of such a happening in this hotel - all safe's are regularly opened by the hotel staff and they steal regularly. The safe has an electronic lock system + a manual key that overrides the electronic lock - which the hotel supervisors have.

I am not the only visitor who faced this – there are many other people who have been victims to this evil plan. Please see some feedback at: h

Code: Select all

ttp://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserReviews-g297930-d305196-r27102414-Baan_Sukhothai_Hotel_Spa-Patong_Phuket.html#REVIEWS

It was a very sad experience from a place I expected least - A "Baan Sukothai" brand name and from the humble people of Phuket, Thailand. My wife, two small kids and I sincerely regret having chosen to stay in Baan Sukothai Hotel.
Last edited by admin on Sun May 03, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

somza

Re: Stealing by staff at Baan Sukothai Hotel & Spa, Phuket

ข้อมูลby somza » Sat May 16, 2009 4:48 pm

I'm so sorry for you, you really deserve the best for your vacation, nit a bad experience like this..
Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience to us. Now that we are warned and must thinking more about taking care of our precious belonging. One of the tips I always do is taking a lock with me especially when I know that I'm going to stay in a hostel where lots of people come and go. We just don't know what will happen, be prepared is just a way to prevent unexpected thing to happen.
User not active
share your Thailand experience in Thailand Forum ^v^

klapcaslaka

ข้อมูลby klapcaslaka » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 pm

WHy do YOu mAKE peOplE RegIsTEr to Your STUPID FORUM WEBSITE jUsT tO dOwnLOad files???

That is just STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPIIDD!!!

myflove

ข้อมูลby myflove » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:09 pm

why tripadvisor?

KathleenO

ข้อมูลby KathleenO » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:23 am

That's terrible!  I am sorry you had to go through that.  Thanks for the warning.  I will make sure to let my friends know as well.  I hope that the experience doesn't affect your opinion of Phuket.  The people of Phuket are warm and generous, but there are a few bad apples that destroy their reputation. 

josefeagle

ข้อมูลby josefeagle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:36 am

Although quite comfortable with living here, but I have never been any money or property stolen safes, as previously commented. Staff for me, good friendly and polite.

Return to “Hotels Review”